Pain Medicine has made several new advances for providing pain relief without the need of extensive surgeries. If you have pain, do not suffer silently as the underlying complication can worsen. It is important to seek a medical opinion from a Pain Specialist. Pain Specialists are trained to diagnose and treat a variety of pain complications. There are several new treatment options available, some of them are listed below:
1. Fluoroscopy-Guided Nerve Blocks: With the help of a special X-ray machine, Pain Specialists can block the nerves causing pain.
2. Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation: With the help of radio frequency waves, Pain Specialists can identify and destroy the small nerves causing pain.
3. Disc Decompression Procedures: Using outpatient small procedures, discs can be decompressed and therefore avoiding the need for surgery.
4. Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty: For fractures of the vertebrae, cement placement in the fractured spine can reduce pain and provide stability to the spine.
5. Spinal Cord Stimulator: An electrode is placed in the spine and blocks the nerves causing pain. This reduces the need of pain medications.
6. Intrathecal Pump: A small catheter is placed in the spine and delivers the medication directly to the affected area in the spine, thus avoiding the need of oral medications.
7. Medications: There are several new medications available which reduce pain and have lesser severe side effects than previous medications.
8. Alternative treatments: Alternative methods such as hypnosis, acupuncture, meditation, stress reduction, relaxation therapies, yoga, etc can play an important role in reducing pain.
For more information about treatment options, contact us at email@example.com.